It is the time of the year again where friends and family get together for dinner gatherings to celebrate Christmas, the beginning of 2017 or Chinese New Year. If you are hosting a party for your loved ones, be sure not to have uninvited guests in your home or else, you might have a few pest-phobic guests screaming their lungs out!
Believe it or not, pests ‘party’ much more often than we do and they do it whenever they could, not just during the holiday season. Despite the use of insect aerosol spray, these pests come back to bother us every now and then. So, what can you do to pest proof your party?
Common Insect-borne Diseases
Some of the most common pests that could potentially gatecrash your party include cockroaches, common ants and lizards. They may seem pretty normal but what most people do not realise is that cockroaches spread harmful diseases such as:
- Salmonellosis – Causes food poisoning and abdominal cramps
- Dysentery – Results in severe diarrhoea with the presence of blood in faeces
- Typhoid – Can cause lasting high fever, stomachache, headache and loss of appetite
Although ants and lizards are generally harmless, they can be a nuisance when their number increases. Ants can contaminate food because you do not know where they have been foraging before crawling over your food. Their bites can be itchy and cause discomfort. Whereas for lizards, their droppings can stain newly painted surfaces and can cause a urine-like smell in rooms that are air-conditioned.
Defending the Party
There are many unfavourable conditions that must be eliminated to prevent these pests from coming back again and again. We have made a list of 7 tips to help you enjoy your party with no additional guests!
- Seal entry points – Seal areas such as gaps around the door, pipes as well as cracks and crevices to reduce hiding place and accessing points for insects
- Eliminate food source – Keep food and drinks sealed at all times and do not leave food sitting out in open space
- Clear all waste, food and spillage – Clean up food debris from food preparation areas, under the sinks and appliances
- Sweep up – Sweep away any food crumbs from under your kitchen appliances and units
- Garden area – Keep compost enclosed and make sure all rubbish bins have tightly sealed lids
- De-clutter – Remove old stacks of newspapers and magazines, unused cardboard boxes and all other forms of clutter from the floor or bottom of cupboards that may provide a hiding place for cockroaches
- Regular inspections by pest control experts – To reduce the chances of pests gatecrashing your celebration!
Get protected from ants, cockroaches and lizards for your home today with our Festive Promotion at RM199 nett. Promo includes:
- 2x times Ants and Cockroaches Control
- 3x units of Lizard Glue Boards for FREE
Leave a Reply